June 10, 2021
Since launching in Chicago in 2016, Gopuff has opened 12 micro-fulfillment centers, delivered to customers in 40 different neighborhoods, partnered with dozens of local brands and hired hundreds of people to work in our micro-fulfillment centers. After 5 years serving the Windy City, we couldn’t be more thrilled to be making our 2 millionth delivery. We are beyond grateful for our growth in Chicagoland, and have so many people to thank!
To our customers: we appreciate your support and for you turning to us for all your everyday needs. We wouldn’t be here without you, and we’re forever grateful to you for supporting us for the past 5 years.
To our local partners: thank you for believing and trusting in us to make magic happen. We’re honored to work with you and bring your beloved products to locals in new ways.
To our driver-partners and local teams: thank you for your dedication and hard work. We see you go above and beyond everyday for our customers, and appreciate all your hard work.
We have endless appreciation for every single person who contributed to making Chicago one of our biggest operating markets. As we near this milestone, we’re excited to share some fun ways we’re celebrating with our customers: We’ve partnered with local football and basketball stars Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins, Larry Borom, Khalil Herbert, Dazz Newsome, Thomas Graham Jr., Khyiris Tonga and Candace Parker to make some magic happen throughout the city:
- Gopuff and Chicago’s newest football stars teamed up to donate $1 for every Chicago order placed in June (up to $100K) to the Children First Fund: The Chicago Public Schools Foundation. The past year has put an incredible amount of stress on schools, students, and teachers and we’re so proud to be able to support those who work hard everyday to support and teach our youth. Gopuff, Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins, Larry Borom, Khalil Herbert, Dazz Newsome, Thomas Graham Jr., and Khyiris Tonga will present the check to Children First Fund at Foreman High School and meet with members of the school’s own football team to celebrate.
- New teammates Justin Fields, Teven Jenkins, Larry Borom, Khalil Herbert, Dazz Newsome, Thomas Graham Jr., and Khyiris Tonga continue the fun in the Windy City by surprising the Gopuff customer who submits the 2 millionth order in Chicago! Not only will the new teammates deliver the customer’s order, but they’ll also give them $2,000 in Gopuff credit, 4 game tickets, and 1 autographed jersey signed by all the rookies!
To spread the love even further, Gopuff has teamed up with Candace Parker to donate $25,000 to La Rabida Children’s Hospital. Candace and Gopuff will visit the Hospital
As we celebrate this milestone, we are also reflecting on the city’s orders over the years – and found some interesting trends in the city’s order history:
- If we had to put a flavor on Chicago it would probably be cheesy. These customers are 39% more likely than the average Gopuff customer to order pizza and four of the ten most-ordered products this year are cheese flavored.
- 16 of the top 17 ice cream skus in Chicago belong to Ben & Jerry’s. Ben & Jerry’s Strawberry Cheesecake is the #1 ice cream in Chicago.
- Chicagoans are 37% more likely than the average Gopuff customer to purchase coffee.
- Data suggests that Chicago customers are more cat people than dog people. Friskies Prime Filets with Chicken in Gravy Cat Food 5.5oz is by far our top pet product in Chicago. 7 of the top 10 pet products in Chicago are either cat food or cat litter.
We’re beyond proud of our work in Chicago over the past 5 years, and we’re excited to share and celebrate this milestone with all of you.