December 30, 2021
Gopuff is fiercely committed to impact-based giving to support the communities where we operate – thinking big, moving fast, and showing up locally in the areas that matter most to the communities we serve.
This year, Gopuff focused our community efforts on a few key areas:
- Supporting under-represented entrepreneurs
- Moving fast to support emergencies
- Fighting hunger with Feeding America
- Supporting critical services for homeless and at-risk youth
- COVID relief
As we close this year and prepare to welcome 2022, here are just a few examples of ways Gopuff worked to think big, move fast, and act locally in 2021:
Supporting under-represented entrepreneurs & local brands
- Gopuff uniquely understands the challenges that come with breaking a business through a crowded and unleveled marketplace. But having a successful business is more than hard work — it’s about having the community around you that helps you break down barriers and raises you up. That is why in September, Gopuff announced the launch of “Put Me On,” a small business accelerator program that brings together industry leaders and experts to support entrepreneurs from historically underrepresented groups and empower them to grow their businesses. Ten brands are currently being supported through this platform, with the next class to be announced in early 2022.
- Gopuff has donated $150,000 to Philly Startup Leaders’ Underserved Founders’ Fund, which helps minority and underrepresented entrepreneurs as they strive for success against obstacles of institutional bias.
Helping Support Communities In Time of Need
- To support relief efforts from the devastating tornadoes across Kentucky, Gopuff donated $100,000 to the Team Western Kentucky Tornado Relief Fund and quickly delivered essential items, including water, baby products, food, and other needed products to some of the hardest-hit areas. Gopuff has deep ties to the state of Kentucky with more than 23 locations, including all the Liquor Barn stores. To date, Liquor Barn stores have also raised more than $12,000 from customer donations for the Relief Fund.
- In June, Gopuff quickly partnered with local officials in Surfside, Florida to provide immediate assistance for first responders leading the multi-day search and recovery effort for the tragic apartment building collapse.
Fighting Hunger with Feeding America
- Since 2019, Gopuff has partnered with Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization, by donating hundreds of thousands of meals and dollars to local member food banks across the U.S. to help combat food insecurity.
- This year Gopuff donated $100,000 to Feeding America to support 10 Feeding America local member food banks in New York, Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin, and Nashville.
Supporting Critical Services for Homeless and At-Risk Youth
- Covenant House provides housing and critical services to homeless and trafficked youth ages 16-21. In 2021, Gopuff began a partnership with this incredible organization providing $40,000 in Gopuff credits for eight Covenant House locations across the country to purchase food and everyday essentials. This is just the beginning, and in 2022 we are working to deepen and expand this partnership.
- In 2021, Gopuff donated $300,000 to local health care organizations working on the frontlines of COVID-19 in cities like Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Miami, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, and San Francisco. This donation was part of Gopuff’s $1 million Health Care Support Initiative to support health care and hospital workers on the frontlines of the pandemic.
- Gopuff also joined the White House’s National Action Month, the nationwide campaign to get eligible Americans vaccinated, by offering $100,000 in Gopuff credits for select community college and university pop-up events across the country.
Over the past eight years we have focused our commitments around the most critical issues impacting the communities we serve. There is much more work ahead and we look forward to continuing to drive meaningful impact in 2022.