December 1, 2020
There is no better way to spend a weekend day than curled up on the couch in front of the TV with a stack of salty chips and hot dip. We especially love a good bean dip because it somehow makes us feel like we’re being healthy, no matter how high we pile the chips and dip. And a vegan bean dip, a.k.a. a bean dip made without cream cheese or shredded cheese, gives us even less guilt as it’s dairy free and full of fiber.
Instead of buying a premade jar of dip, we prefer to make our own homemade bean dip so we can control the ingredients that go in it.
How to make vegan bean dip at home
Our favorite easy bean dip comes together in about 5 minutes using pantry staples: canned corn, canned beans, canned tomatoes and salsa.
Note: A lot of other bean dip recipes call for using canned refried beans, but we’ve swapped those out in order to make this a healthier garbanzo and black bean dip.
First, you mash together a can of black beans with a can of garbanzo beans until they reach your preferred consistency. Then, you add the beans, corn, tomatoes and salsa to a saucepan and simmer the dip on medium heat for 5 minutes. That’s it!
Serve the hot dip with Tostitos Scoops tortilla chips—because life’s about balance.
Bean Dip Recipe
Prep time: 3 minutes
Total time: 8 minutes
- 1 can whole kernel corn (15 oz. can)
- 1 can black beans (15 oz. can)
- 1 can garbanzo beans (15 oz. can)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. can)
- 1 can Tostitos Salsa chunky medium (15.5 oz. can)
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops
- With a fork or potato masher, mash 1 can of black beans & 1 can garbanzo beans to desired consistency.
- Combine mashed beans with remaining ingredients in a saucepan; simmer over medium heat until heated throughout, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into a shallow bowl & serve with Tostitos Scoops.
Shop This Recipe
- Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn
- Eden Foods Organic Black Beans
- Eden Foods Organic Garbanzo Beans
- Muir Glen Organic Diced Tomatoes
- Tostitos Salsa Chunky Medium
- Tostitos Scoops
Easy Entrees & Desserts
- Sweet Earth Vegan Cauliflower Mac
- Classic quesadillas (vegetarian)
- Mug cake
- Talenti Roman Raspberry Dairy-Free Sorbetto