December 1, 2020
Mornings are arguably the busiest time of the day. You have to get yourself ready, make sure the kids are on track, set the intention for your day and more. While we’d love a little time to ourselves, it can be a real challenge. One way to give yourself a moment for some mindfulness is to set aside some quick and easy breakfast recipes that are actually hearty enough to power through your day. The best way to do this is to assemble a breakfast sandwich with all your breakfast faves in one bite! This will also work for a laid-back Sunday brunch.
How To Make a Breakfast Sandwich
Making a breakfast sandwich is a simple solution. It’s also portable. Just wrap it up and bring it along when you’re in a rush. First, you need to pick the bread. Bagels and English muffins are solid choices, as they tend to hold up better and give you that nice crunch for contrast with the eggs and cheese. Next, start the bacon in a pan or in the oven. Make sure to start the eggs and toast at the same time. After it’s all cooked, assemble your breakfast sandwich masterpiece and enjoy!
Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
Total time: 15–20 minutes
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of American cheese
- Bread of choice: English muffin, plain bagel or everything bagel
- Hot sauce to taste
- Cook bacon in the oven or on the stovetop. We recommend using a baking tray and going with the oven method.
- Prepare eggs to your preference. Season with salt and pepper.
- While eggs are cooking, toast your muffin or bagel.
- Assemble it all: Layer egg, cheese & strips of bacon. Add hot sauce or ketchup to taste.
Shop This Recipe
- Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon 8oz
- Dozen Eggs
- Horizon Organic Sliced American Cheese Singles 8oz
- Thomas English Muffin Plain
- Thomas Plain Bagels
- Thomas Everything Bagels
- Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce 12oz