As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at Gopuff, you’ll be responsible for helping evolve our data-driven culture by leading and facilitating the overall strategy related to empowering self-service analytics at scale. In this role, you will be the key subject matter expert in business intelligence tools, consulting with various cross-functional technical teams (i.e. Engineering, Product, Data & Analytics) and business stakeholders alike to help optimize how we implement an enterprise reporting portfolio that simplifies how our organization derives actionable insights to inform decision making.
The ideal candidate understands complex data models, has strong communication (business + technical) skills and has deep experience in business intelligence tools (i.e. Looker). If you are passionate about data and creating products/solutions to help democratize data, then this is an ideal opportunity for you!
- Responsible for developing OKRs and the overall business intelligence portfolio strategy (consolidation of key reports/assets, identification of new mission-critical products like standardized dashboards, visualizations)
- Ensure BI products/solutions are purpose-built to address core business questions and operational needs, but represent consistent sources of truth for relevant hero metrics/KPIs that are extensible across the broader organization
- Consults on best practices for not only structuring and organizing data products by functional discipline (business unit, project, etc.), but also the UI/UX for how self-service data is consumed by non-technical users
- Manages LookML model curation (from gold data products) to support front-end reporting/visualization
- Manages licensing compliance, performance optimizations (i.e. system/server health), system upgrades, enhanced configurations/functionality, etc. related to our BI platform (Looker)
- Minimum of 5 years experience with business intelligence tools, with at least 3 of those years working with Looker (Tableau experience also helpful)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort solving problems in an ambiguous environment where there is constant change. Have the tenacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, inspire change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
- Move fast, be a team player, always be learning and give back
- Experience and strong knowledge in data warehousing concepts, big data technologies, and analytics platforms (Snowflake experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools (bonus points for dbt!)
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace that does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other protected characteristic or status. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an EEO Employer.